My Blog List

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Advice to Baruch College

My Advice to Baruch College on implementing new media would be the use of twitter and YouTube. Twitter can be an easy and simple way for teachers to make announcements. For instance, a teacher could have a twitter that was strictly for professional use and tweet to different sections about updates. I think this would be beneficial to the students as well because we often check twitter rather than our E-mails if they are not connected to our phones.
I think YouTube can also be used by teachers to record their classes and post them using YouTube. This would be great for students who missed a class or want to clarify certain information. I think it would be extremely beneficial to students that English is not their first language. I see many students now that record the class on their phones because they often cannot keep up with note taking. This could be a really big help.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the use of social media for educational purposes. The Twitter use can be interesting with professors making updates on classes. It would be awesome if Twitter were somehow linked to Blackboard and the assignments due for the next class were just tweeted rather than just posted on Blackboard (and the professor would have to send out an additional email informing students of the new assignment posted). Maybe in the future, they will integrate it as well as YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with professors posting their classes on YouTube. They could just do it in a way where only the class is able to see it. I know first hand for someone who is frequently late to early morning classes, I would love to hear exactly what the professor mentioned in the classroom before I arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. In fact, for my research paper i did the analysis of twitter and one of the points i addressed was to use it for educational purposes. Both Twitter and youtube can simplify and speed up the communication between teacher and students.

    ReplyDelete